Fox Chase Cancer Center, an independent, nonprofit institution devoted to improving cancer treatment and prevention. Their 100-bed hospital is one of the largest in the country devoted entirely to cancer care.
Fox Chase's patient pre-certification and referral process for new patients was a lengthy, error-prone, manual process. Patient questions and doctor answers were routed through nurses and responses were sluggish, irregular and often lost.
Perficient implemented a TIBCO-based portal and process automation solution to replace existing non-HIPAA compliant applications for Patient Registration, 2-Way Messaging and Referral/Pre- Certification Management.
Business Value Delivered
- Patient tracking capabilities and new patient registration available via portal
- Real-time management of patient referrals and pre-certifications
- Improved time to market development due to highly user-friendly interface
- Simplified work/business flow capabilities improve mapping capabilities of internal processes
- Created an environment for easy integration of disparate and decentralized systems