Oncor is a regulated electric distribution and transmission business that uses superior asset management skills to provide reliable electricity delivery to consumers. Oncor operates the largest distribution and transmission system in Texas, delivering power to approximately 3.5 million homes and businesses and operating approximately 117,000 miles of distribution and transmission lines in Texas.
Perficient was brought in to develop the architecture needed to ensure seamless delivery between new SmartGrid applications and the existing mainframe applications at Oncor. Oncor was utilizing a mainframe system for all customer data and business processes and was not familiar with SOA solutions that could integrate the various components.
Perficient provided both a middleware solution as well as an architecture roadmap for Oncor that would allow them to leverage the technology for future needs.
Perficient created and delivered a TIBCO solution that seamlessly allowed:
- Integration of new and existing applications
- Improved data integration points
- High-demand, highly complex flow of data between systems within seconds
Business Value Delivered
- Provides scalability to allow larger volumes of transactions associated with the SmartGrid initiative
- Creates transparency of the interfaces via audit logging solution that was incorporated into the design
- Seamless integration between Oncor and its trading partners via an integrated EDI solution
- Estimated cost savings of approximately 20% per year with ability to become more exponential over time as library of business services expands
- Provides a flexible architecture
- Facilitates enterprise portal initiatives