T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging and data services capable of reaching 300 million Americans where they live, work and play.
T-Mobile’s strategic-yet-aging web infrastructure was fragmented, difficult to change, hard to maintain and lacked valuable e-commerce, portal and content management capabilities to drive web sales, improve service and lower operating costs. T-Mobile selected Perficient to 1) recommend a web modernization platform to support business needs and 2) develop a highly scalable architecture and design able to support tens of millions of customers and website visitors.
Perficient executed a rigorous product selection process to evaluate the leading e-Commerce, portal and content management solutions against T-Mobile’s unique needs. This included a thorough analysis of T-Mobile’s web business requirements, workshops with key stakeholders, a technology and integration assessment and a scoring methodology.
Perficient recommended an integrated IBM WebSphere product suite solution including e-Commerce, Portal and Content Management and developed a software, hardware and integration architecture and design that fully leverages the IBM WebSphere product suite and integrated with T-Mobile’s existing data, system and application architecture.
Business Value Delivered
- Increased web channel revenue and web channel conversion rate through precision marketing, advanced catalog management, customer reviews, A/B testing, social commerce, merchandising and promotions
- Improved the online customer experience through usability design changes and WebSphere tool capabilities
- Near-real-time changes to web content and full content management automation including in-context content preview and workflow
- Reduced time-to-market to add products to the web channel
- Lower operating costs through content management automation, IBM WebSphere tool capabilities and telesales support
- A highly scalable solution capable of meeting T-Mobile’s demanding scalability, performance and availability requirements