Volvo IT is part of the Volvo Group, delivering reliable industrial IT solutions, competitive telematics services and insightful consulting services to Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta and more.
Perficient’s relationship with Volvo IT dates back several years, with Perficient playing a crucial role in implementing five different Siebel CRM systems running at Volvo. Because of our long history of exceeding Volvo’s expectations by providing extremely high quality work and solutions, Perficient was asked to deliver the Volvo Sales to Order (STO) CRM system. STO is a unit at Volvo focused on developing winning strategies and implementing solutions and services for Volvo’s commercial communities. The STO team is spread across the globe, working to better understand global sales processes.
The STO CRM system will primarily focus on:
- Lead Generation: Implement a standard global lead generation process.
- Lead Ranking: This new initiative will rank prospective leads based on a Prospect Survey. It will scientifically qualify the lead, ideally resulting in increased sales.
- Customer Data: Use master data management (MDM) to bring together all related customer information in a single 360 view that shows customer profile, call survey answers, contact information, vehicles history, order information and more.
- Dealership Visibility and Performance: Closely monitor the sales and performance of each dealership with complete visibility into opportunities, quotes, orders, activities and sales plans. Volvo has set Dealer Operating Standards (DOS) for all dealerships and will track and score based on adherence to them.
- Brand Reporting and BA/BU: Allow executives to compare the performance of different Volvo brands and analyze their strengths and weaknesses to help improve sales.
Volvo has a long history with Oracle products. Volvo’s parts, service and call center applications are Oracle solutions, and the company again chose to leverage Oracle MDM, Automotive/eDealer CRM and OBIEE for the STO implementation. The automotive and eDealer verticals are on the CRM, call center and UCM applications in the MDM suite and OBIEE application for reporting. The ETL tool used is Informatica and Oracle DAC is used for scheduling ETL jobs. Google Earth was also part of the solution.
Perficient’s team was critical to the design and implementation of the lead generation and lead ranking processes. We were also solely responsible for CRM-MDM integration and integrating other client systems.
Perficient’s deep understanding of Volvo’s business enabled us to come up with powerful OBIEE reports that help Volvo make better-informed strategic decisions.
Business Value Delivered
The STO implementation objective was to create a standardized lead management/ranking complete view on dealership sales activities and management reporting. All of these objectives were met beyond expectation as the project went live across North America and China. Among the recognized benefits are improved workflow and process, reduced reporting time and effort, and better visibility into global sales and dealership performance that delivers a real competitive advantage.