Organize. Discover. Build. Manage. Share.
SharePoint 2013 brings the capabilities of social networking to the enterprise, improving information sharing and connectivity between employees. The platform allows users to put social to work by sharing ideas, discovering answers, and keeping track of colleagues and projects. Learn more about Microsoft’s social intranet capabilities.
SharePoint 2013 offers new, optimized viewing experiences across different mobile platforms. Share documents, update your activity feed, or keep in touch with your team from a mobile phone or tablet. As a result of native iOS support, users can browse, contribute, and edit documents directly from an iPad. Learn about Perficient’s mobile development expertise.
SharePoint 2013 combines the best capabilities of Microsoft search options into one single version, enabling a highly engaging search experience with fast and accurate results. Through a more configurable search, administrators allow users to quickly locate relevant information. Learn about Perficient’s Microsoft search expertise.
Although social computing, mobility, and search are substantially improved upon in SharePoint 2013, Microsoft invested in other areas as well. Additional enhancements and updates to the platform include:
- Branding: Design features in SharePoint 2013 offer an improved process for building eye-catching intranet and internet sets and minimize the amount of SharePoint knowledge required to successfully design and brand a dynamic SharePoint site. Read more about our team of SharePoint design experts.
- Business Connectivity Services: Updates to Business Connectivity Services improves the way that SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013 clients access data stored outside of SharePoint.
- Business Intelligence: From intuitive ad-hoc reporting to integrated metrics from multiple data sources, SharePoint 2013 business intelligence tools enable you to organize your vision of business goals, processes, and performance requirements. Learn more about Perficient's Microsoft BI expertise.
- eDiscovery: Improvements to eDiscovery include the ability to perform eDiscovery queries, which preserves and exports discovered content, while allowing users to continue work with the content.
- Identity Management: Authentication enhancements in SharePoint 2013 ease the process of using claims-based authentication and allows for multiple types of authentication on a single web application.
- Records Management and Compliance: SharePoint 2013 improves the ways to help you protect your business. The platform introduces retention policies that can be applied at the site level, while records archive and in-place record retention from earlier versions of SharePoint Server are still supported.
- Upgrade features: SharePoint 2013 offers several improvements to upgrade features, such as upgrade for service applications and site collections, and a site health checker. If you are looking to upgrade or migrate to SharePoint 2013, learn more about SharePoint migrations and upgrades.
- Web Content Management: SharePoint 2013’s web content management simplifies how you design publishing sites, enhances the authoring and publishing processes, and also uses enterprise search to surface dynamic web content on publishing sites.