With the initial SOA process planning completed during Perficient’s SOA Health Check and Readiness Assessment, the vision of SOA can be socialized across IT and among business stakeholders. The next step is to develop a more formal SOA roadmap and blueprint that is rooted in strategic objectives.
- Develop a Strategic Services Blueprint to specify the future state of the reusable services catalog
- Create a business services roadmap detailing the priorities and timeline for building services based on business value, reuse, supported business processes and IT assets
- Align the need for organization, people, process and technology change with the strategic objects in a rationalized and prioritized time line
- Design and document the conceptual architecture needed to support the business services roadmap
- Identify the initiatives necessary to build the architecture and processes to support the business services and create a high-level project plan for these tasks