TIBCO SpotFire Certified Education
Perficient is an authorized TIBCO Spotfire certified training provider in the North America. Our training facilities in Houston, TX and New Orleans, LA offer quality training in a group setting conducted by TIBCO Spotfire certified trainers. The course details are listed in the following sections along with the training dates for each location. If you are interested in acquiring our services to conduct on-site training or if you have any questions regarding the listed training sessions, please Contact Us.
The following courses will be offered at our Houston, TX office.
- March 22 - SP 131 Essentials II
- April 30 - SP 121 Essentials I
- May 1 - SP 131 Essentials II
- May 2 - SP 141 Advance Analytics
- May 3 - SP 151 Authoring
The training location is:
2700 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1310
Houston, TX 77056
You may register for a class directly with Spotfire, or to contact us for more information, complete the form to the right.
- SP 121 - Essentials I
This session is designed to introduce new users to the general capabilities of TIBCO Spotfire Professional, focusing on the most commonly used visualizations. It is also useful for current users who have not had the advantage of a structured introduction to the general functional expectations of Spotfire.Although this session stands alone, it introduces skills and concepts which are developed further in its sister course, SP131: Spotfire Essentials II. Together the two courses cover the most common features of TIBCO Spotfire for Business Analysts and Business Authors.
- SP 131 - Essentials II
This session is designed to enhance skills for users of TIBCO Spotfire who have taken TIBCO Spotfire Essentials I, and introduces data manipulation plus some further visualizations. It is also useful for current users who have been using the basic features of Spotfire for some time and now need to take their knowledge to the next level.Although this session stands alone, it develops skills and concepts which are introduced in its sister course, SP121: Spotfire Essentials I. Together the two courses cover the most common features of TIBCO Spotfire for Business Analysts and Business Authors.
- SP 141 - Advanced Analytics
This 1-day course covers tools which are useful for statistical distribution, multivariate and relationship analysis. Column relationships, similarity calculations and clustering are discussed in detail. In addition, the process of understanding and creating advanced expressions to generate new data columns or perform dynamic calculations on visualizations is covered in this training session.Some of the concepts introduced in SP121 / SP131 Spotfire Essentials I and II are covered in more depth here, and there is further opportunity to practice those new skills.
- SP 151 - Spotfire for Authors
This 1-day course shows you, the Spotfire Author, how to construct an easy-to-use analysis in Spotfire Professional for consumption by others who are using Spotfire Professional, Spotfire Web Player, or Spotfire Enterprise Player software. The key objectives of the course include:
- Enabling configuration of visualizations (even by Web Player users) with the use of property controls like Drop Downs, List boxes, Slider bars, etc.
- Use property controls to pass parameters through Calculated Columns or Custom Expressions in order to allow user-controlled variables to effect visualizations/values
- Bookmarking the state of analysis to revert back to point-in-time and/or focus on specific areas
- Sharing & Collaboration Tools: bookmarking, collaboration portals
- Data Access Considerations: using On-Demand Data to limit large data sets, information links, linked vs. embedded data considerations
- Text Area Automation: incorporate workflow, automate navigation with buttons and links, launch web sites from analysis
- Authoring Best Practices
Some additional topics covered by the course include an introduction to the Information Designer and Information Links and an introduction to scripting. In short, this course provides an author with the tools necessary to design an effective analysis that accounts for a variety of consumer experience levels and distribution methods, including Web Player, Enterprise Player, and iPad.