EHR Health Check
Electronic Health Records (EHRs) are at the center of the National debate on improving quality of care and stemming the tide of rising healthcare costs. Providers are heavily invested in EHRs and their investments continue to rise.
Whether early in the EHR journey or working on it for years, many organizations experience four unwelcome, and often avoidable events:
- Projects take longer and cost much more than estimated
- Benefits are less than planned and take longer to realize
- Cost of ownership (ongoing costs such as upgrades and support) is higher than planned
- Clinicians do not readily adopt the new tools and workflows
Organizations often respond by scaling back the EHR initiative, resulting in significant benefits that are never realized or realized at an even later date. Others believe that the EHR is a project with a start and an end, not realizing the project is just the beginning of the EHR journey.
Perficient’s EHR Health Check can help Organizations ensure that they are on the right track to achieve their target outcomes. The EHR Health Check helps Health Care organizations by providing An objective 3rd party review of key EHR risks factors:
- Clinical adoption
- Workflow fragmentation
- Project governance
- Testing methodologies
- Business continuity planning
- Review of EHR targeted benefits and outcomes
- Evaluation of strategic plan and EHR roadmap for benefit alignment
EHR Health Checks are conducted by a senior team with decades of experience working with health care organizations to help them achieve their targeted outcomes.