Connected Health Services at Perficient
Connected health engages patients, members, providers, and the health community using technology to deliver quality care outside of the traditional medical setting. While the healthcare consumer, on average, only spends 1% of their time in the care setting, it is the other 99% that determines whether they return or maintain their health. Connected health solutions from Perficient aim to maximize healthcare resources and provide increased and flexible opportunities for healthcare consumers to engage with their care. The ultimate goal is to reduce costs and improve the quality of care.
At Perficient we are not just technologists. We believe connected health can transform healthcare delivery and address inefficiencies in workflow management, chronic disease management and treatment compliance. The many benefits of connected health include:
- Reducing the cost of providing quality care to the chronically ill. The Center for Health Care Economics at the Milken Institute estimates this to be more than $1 trillion per year.
- Enabling preventive health with correlative reductions in morbidity, mortality and the cost of care through consumer engagement in health and self-management.
- Creating more efficient, convenient, and potentially more cost-effective methods for delivery of care.
- Providing clinicians with greater and faster access to crucial data points, which reduce the risk of poor response throughout the course of treatment.
- Allowing rural residents to receive expert diagnosis and treatment from distant medical centers.
- Enhancing senior wellness and preventative care through telemedicine and remote monitoring.
- Improving administrative efficiency and coordination through diminished rate of medical errors and better customer service.
Perficient’s core connected health solutions include:
- Digital Strategy: Successful connected health projects are based on a sound analysis of the business realities faced by a healthcare organization. Digital strategy is the process of organizing goals and initiatives to maximize the business benefits received from healthcare digital investments.
- Web Content Management: Healthcare organizations can use their public website as a digital front door that enables healthcare consumers with reliable healthcare information. Healthcare sites that utilize content management technologies can deliver measurable business results for providers, plans and healthcare marketers looking to devise outreach plans.
- Patient Portal: Patient portals facilitate an important exchange of information between patient and clinician and enable patient engagement with their healthcare provider in the secure portal setting.
- Member Portal: Member portals act as an important hub to facilitate the exchange of information between member and plan. While the external corporate website facilitates one-to-many communication, the member portal is used to continue this dialogue into rich many-to-one communication streams that protect health information.
- Enterprise Portal: Clinicians and personnel must access a wide array of information to provide quality care across a complex care continuum. However, they must rely on information found among disparate applications, content, and knowledge workers from across the organization. Enterprise portal providesa unified platform for accessing this critical information.
Across the above core solutions Perficient also offers:
- User Experience & Interactive Design: Designing and reacting to patient and member interactions is the foundation upon which all connected health programs flourish.
- Mobile Health & Telehealth: Adoption of mobile technology in healthcare is growing quickly because it is a convenient and cost-effective means of communication between the healthcare organization and the healthcare consumer.
- Social Media & Enterprise Social: Social techniques and tools allow people to connect and interact with unprecedented speed and ease as the healthcare business gets social.
- Market Intelligence: Optimize profitability, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction by providing an important feedback loop on collaborative technology investments.