Business Process Management
Business Process Management (BPM) is a disciplined approach that focuses on effectively and efficiently aligning all aspects of an organization with the vision of constant process improvement, technological integration, and increasing customer value. A business process, just like any other organizational asset, must be developed, monitored, and maintained in order to be successful.
BPM combines people, process and technology to improve organizational performance and customer value.
The key intent and ultimate goal of BPM is to foster communication and establish optimal businesses processes. You want to understand how work is performed today and/or how your organization wants to efficiently and effectively work in the future. In addition, continuously review business processes to ensure they are meeting the goals and objectives of your organization through well-defined metrics.
Gain control of your business process and adopt BPM for:
- Process visibility: The ability to 'see' end-to-end processes - singly and in the wider context and in an intuitive way that everyone understands.
- Process ownership: Accountability for improvement of end-to-end processes (across the extended enterprise, including activities outsourced or in shared services).
- Strategic alignment: Line of sight between strategy and front line operational improvement activities.
- Performance metrics: Key performance indicators (KPIs) embedded within processes to provide immediate feedback on performance, and the impact of improvement activities.
- Organizational change management: Get people ready, willing, and able to accept and embrace new ways of working with the goal of organizational change to involve people, not be imposed on people.
Leverage Perficient’s BPM methodology and technical expertise to:
- Define your BPM strategy
- Create a BPM roadmap
- Perform process assessments and identify optimization opportunities
- Define inward facing and outward facing success metrics
- Train your organization in the use of BPM methodologies and tools