By modeling, simulating and reporting on the execution of business processes it is possible to streamline and optimize business processes. Through the use of service-oriented architecture (SOA), business process management systems (BPMS) and event-driven architecture (EDA) one can create architecture that enables a flexible business.
A scalable and flexible IT architecture can help support these business and IT objectives:
- Streamline and optimize business processes
- Modernize application architecture while using existing IT assets
- Gain better return on IT capital investments by matching IT implementations to business needs
- Keeping up with business changes by reducing implementation times for new processes
- Integrate applications with processes that can bridge application silos