Recruiting Nurses and Healthcare Workers Through Digital Marketing
What if we could create a recruitment campaign for nurses and other healthcare professionals that reduces cost per lead and increases conversions?
Essentia Health is an integrated health system headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota. Its 14,500 employees across 15 hospitals and 74 clinics serve the healthcare needs of patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota.
Essentia wanted to leverage multi-channel marketing campaigns – display, pay-per-click (PPC), social media and more – to amplify its recruitment efforts with increased conversions and reduced cost per lead (CPL). A previous digital marketing campaign with a local agency had yielded little return on investment (ROI) for its high cost.
As Essentia’s new digital marketing partner, our team worked to restructure the health system’s recruitment efforts and created targeted, well-managed digital marketing campaigns designed for recruitment of nurses and other key healthcare professionals.
The Right Recruitment Campaign for the Right Audience
Essentia needed a high-performing recruitment campaign to target potential recruits in key high-demand roles, including:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Clinical assistants/Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Medical coders
- Medical lab techs
- Nursing assistants
- Security officers
Key components of our comprehensive digital recruitment marketing strategy included:
- Streamlined the campaign’s reach, focusing on the channels where job seekers were searching (i.e., Google and Facebook)
- Wrote copy for landing pages focused on conversions that made it easy for job seekers to apply for a position
- Used Facebook lead-generation recruitment ads to encourage job seekers to enter information in an on-page form or use auto-populated information stored in their Facebook accounts, rather than having to link out to landing pages
- Geo-targeted nurse recruitment ads to employees of a competitor that had recently announced nurse layoffs, thus reaching likely job seekers with the skills Essentia needed
In the second year of our efforts, we further refined the recruitment campaign, increasing our use of Facebook lead-generation ads due to their high ROI for this demographic and developing a custom tool to automatically deliver leads from Facebook form fills in a streamlined way to Essentia for immediate follow-up.
Our team worked to restructure Essentia's recruitment efforts and created targeted, well-managed digital marketing campaigns designed for recruitment of nurses and other key healthcare professionals.
Powerful Recruitment Campaign Outcomes
Our results in the first year of managing Essentia’s campaign were impressive:
- 43% increase in conversions
- 57% reduction in cost per lead
And the adjustments we made in the campaign’s second year have led to even better outcomes. Over the last two years of managing Essentia’s digital recruitment marketing efforts, we have achieved the following results:
- 151% increase in conversions
- 66% savings in cost per lead
Our expertise in healthcare digital marketing and our dedication to constant monitoring and adjustment of our clients’ campaigns made us the right partner for Essentia Health’s recruitment marketing efforts.