Launching a Product
Fruit2O was the first flavored water brand on the market. Sunny Delight Beverages acquired the brand from Kraft in 2007.
A Proven Partnership
When initially acquired, Fruit2O immediately benefited from a new level of commitment playing out in the form of updates to brand identity, as well as increased advertising and digital marketing support. We were first brought in to establish a competitive digital presence via a new brand site that firmly reestablished the core attributes of the brand: water, refreshment, and fruit flavor. Subsequent to that successful effort, we were asked to help launch a new product line: Fruit2O Essentials.
Rolling Out the Campaign
For the initial product launch, we created a unique digital campaign with a particular emphasis on both social and targeted media placement. “Essential2You” grew directly from key market research and our belief in reaching out to consumers in a way that is meaningful, emotional and irresistibly engaging. In support of the twin goals of awareness and trial, we drove interest and involvement in the following ways:
- Prospects shared their thoughts and stories on the microsite and within ad banners
- Expandable banner ads drove home the message while also promoting coupon offers
- Fitness guru Desi Bartlett drew consumers to the site via weekly rich media health and fitness tips
- Full integration with the Fruit2O Perficient-created Facebook property helped extend community interest and activity
- Yahoo! Consumer Direct media placement with Nielsen Homescan afforded the campaign the ability to closely target, measure, and optimize the campaign.
'Essential2You' grew directly from key market research and our belief in reaching out to consumers in a way that is meaningful, emotional and irresistibly engaging.
Essential Insights and Results
Our campaign with Fruit2O demonstrated that multiple campaign concepts can be efficiently deployed online to help ensure best results. Furthermore, consumers will engage with both frivolous or more thoughtful polling topics as long as the tenor of the poll resonates with the overall context.
Finally, integrating and leveraging other offline activities and events, for instance cause and event marketing, can generate meaningful increases in traffic and engagement.
As a result of our partnership, Fruit2O realized:
- Interaction rates 9x category averages
- Response rates 3x category averages
- Halo effect achieved for the base Fruit2O brand from the Essentials launch