Sitecore is the Platform. Digital Experience is the Product.
From a customer’s perspective, your digital experience is your business. To own your digital business and mold it to reflect your unique offerings, you must treat your digital experience as a product. Our proven Sitecore product development methodology will help you get the most value out of your digital investments.
Considering a Product Development Approach for Your Business?
Many organizations still treat their digital experiences as a sequence of projects, each one transactional with clear goals set at the project's outset. In comparison, treating your digital experience as a product requires a product team. These teams are long-lived, driven by a product owner and focused on goals aligned to business objectives.
This approach has many benefits over a project-based strategy for managing your digital experience, including:
Product Development Meets Sitecore
Sitecore’s market-leading digital experience capabilities for content, engagement, and commerce can serve as the cornerstone for managing your digital experience as a product.
We have supported numerous Sitecore customers using a product development model. This often starts by establishing a core team, but may also require additional targeted teams based on the needs of the business. Each team can be either long- or short-term and can scale up or down depending on the size of the backlog. Examples of team orientations that we have supported include:
- Core Platform Team – This team is usually the first to be developed and focuses on introducing capabilities to the business, owning the architecture and maintainability of the solution.
- Functional Area Teams – When product features are critical enough to warrant their own product owner, functional teams can help drive measurable improvement in areas such as search experience and member self-service.
- Site or Brand-focused Teams – Teams can be formed to build and incrementally improve a single site or sets of sites. This can be ideal if the sites share capabilities and content.
- Business Unit-focused Teams – If internal business units have different priorities and own different websites, it may be ideal to form different product teams that can be responsive to the needs of specific business units.
- Optimization Team – Driving optimization across sites can be difficult without capabilities across the team. A team dedicated to optimization can help build that capability and drive growth of targeted KPIs.
- Multi-channel Teams – Some teams may focus on the experience across multiple channels and include members who can work on web, mobile, email, and social experiences.
How It Works
We have a proven methodology for running a product development team with Sitecore as the platform.
How We Can Work Together
We have partnered with the world’s leading brands to provide full-service capabilities from intake through assembly. We offer the following team models to meet the unique needs of each client:
These models are flexible and can change over the duration of an engagement. Often, there is no need for a full-time content strategist or SEO specialist. When a project requires one, however, we work to accommodate that request in true agile fashion.