Audio Equipment Manufacturer
Staying in Tune With DevOps
Our client is a high-end equipment design and manufacturing company. As a leading innovator in professional audio and microphone technology, our client develops and produces commercial products for professional studios, television, film, and live performance.
In Need of Enterprise-Wide DevOps Best Practices
In order to maintain its competitive advantage, our client needed to adopt Agile development and DevSecOps best practices. Select teams were already leveraging DevOps tooling, but there was no overarching practice to guide each team as the enterprise moved toward full DevSecOps adoption.
Additionally, our client needed to increase overall security knowledge and implementation practices in the rapid delivery of secure, correct, and stable software and other products.
Giving Feedback on the Current and Future State
This roadmap would then guide the staged introduction of a CI/CD model using existing and recommended tool integrations. Finally, the project would introduce changes to the release coordination process tailored to our client's development teams.
- Artifact Collection
- Resource Scheduling
- Discovery Planning Conduct
- Self-Assessment Project Kickoff
- Conduct Interviews
- Facilitate Workshops
- Define Priority Initiatives
- Collect Metrics and Measures
- Review Collected Material
- Refine Roadmap Initiatives
- Develop Implementation Plan
- Conduct Peer Reviews on Artifacts
- Present Read-Out Findings
- Facilitate Planning and Next Step
- Finalize Deliverable Artifacts
Our client gained valuable insight into issues, shared experiences between teams, and began to build a DevOps oriented culture.
A Pitch-Perfect Plan for the Future
We helped our client create a comprehensive DevSecOps tooling plan and streamlined processes and workflow to alleviate complexity with deliverables that included:
- A DevOps Maturity Assessment Map that provided a detailed outline for six areas: process, governance, construction, verification, operations, and culture
- Prioritized an Improvement and Enhanced Recommendations Roadmap that detailed an implementation plan to leverage existing tooling and experience to create an automated CI/CD pipeline
- DevOps best practices and value
- High-level implementation timeline and budget to provide an initial framework for building a DevOps adoption business case
- Tools and technology recommendations
- Suggested CI/CD pipeline with illustrated product flow through the ‘build, package, version, verify, deploy’ process
By completing the first phase of its DevSecOps transformation, our client gained valuable insight into the root causes of issues, shared experiences between teams that were not previously well aligned, and began to build a DevOps-oriented culture that will provide a strong foundation as it moves forward with improvement plans.