Providing Therapeutic Products that Advance Medicine and Improve Lives
Sunovion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the innovative application of science and medicine to help people with serious medical conditions.
Taking Clinical Trials to the Cloud
Sunovion had an outsourced trial management model, and was looking for a sophisticated clinical trial management system (CTMS) that provides the ability to manage global clinical trials, integrates with its major CRO partners to automatically collect CTMS data, and performs one-off data uploads as needed from other source systems.
Leveraging our many years of experience with Siebel CTMS implementations, we tailored the system to meet the needs of most life sciences companies, and expanded it to include additional commonly requested functionality.
CTMS Accelerator in the Cloud Integrates with Top CRO Partners
Sunovion chose Perficient’s hosting services and implemented ASCEND, a pre-configured and enhanced version of Oracle Siebel CTMS, in the cloud. Leveraging our many years of experience with Siebel CTMS implementations, we tailored the system to meet the needs of most life sciences companies, and expanded it to include additional commonly requested functionality.
ASCEND is an official Oracle Accelerate solution. Its benefits include:
- Reduced implementation costs
- Shortened implementation timeline
- Software warranty
- Complete validation suite
- Complete set of standard operating procedures
- On-site super-user training
- On-site administrative user training
- Complete set of training and reference materials
In addition to deploying ASCEND and building XML integrations with two of its CRO partners that populate the CTMS with sponsor-defined data points, we developed a sophisticated Siebel import tool that allows Sunovion to upload into its CTMS any other data system output in an Excel format. Data from systems like its EDC application, financial system, or even some of the smaller CROs that the company works with, can be uploaded into the CTMS at any time through the user interface, as long as the data is organized in the right spreadsheet format.
ASCEND enables Sunovion to:
- Track vendor and site performance
- Automate data imports
- Perform ad-hoc data uploads
- Track financials
- Track and approve monitoring reports
- Streamline business processes
- Improve communications to sites
- Perform forecasting
- Integrate internal and partner systems
- Centralize vendor and investigator contact information in a vendor repository
The automated data integration process and populating the sponsor CTMS with CRO data improves efficiencies, reduces the chance of errors, and frees up human resources. It also saves time and money for all the companies involved.
- Scalable solution eliminates the need to train CRO personnel on sponsor CTMS’, so CRO resources can scale up, down, or change as needed without impacting the data-sharing process
- Can be used with any CRO capable of outputting the data in the required format
- Saves time otherwise spent on data entry, data conversions, etc.
- Automatically checks for errors and creates error logs when found
- Ensures higher data quality across all integrated CRO partners
- Provides clean data to sponsor as quickly as desired (interface schedule determined by sponsor)