Analytical Graphics Inc
Visualizing Success in Aerospace and Defense
Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) provides commercial modeling and analysis software for designing, developing, and operating missions within the space and national defense communities.
On a Mission to Solve Complex Challenges
AGI software is used by more than 50,000 engineers, operators and analysts worldwide. AGI needed to replace its existing CRM system, Onyx, with a more robust enterprise platform and CRM solution that would scale as the business grows or faces new demands from aerospace, defense and intelligence customers.
The new platform needed to integrate front-end systems and operations to:
- Enhance sales productivity
- Enable channel performance through partner collaboration
- Drive service efficiencies and automate support functions
- Overcome rigorous information security requirements to provide users with real-time access to data across the business for improved decision-making
Salesforce has enhanced sales productivity, enabled channel performance, driven service efficiencies, automated support functions, and provided users with real-time access to data across the business for improved and timely decision-making.
Soaring to New Heights
SALES AND FINANCE ALIGNED
We helped deploy a cloud-based quote-to-cash solution integrating Salesforce Sales Cloud with SteelBrick’s Configure Price Quote (CPQ) app to help configure products, price orders, and produce quotes. Boomi was used for realtime cloud integration to front- and back-office applications, including Microsoft Dynamics GP (on-premises ERP) and the corporate website, in order to automate order management and fulfillment processes.
CONNECTED SERVICE EXPERIENCE
We deployed Service Cloud and customized the Service Console to help agents quickly engage with customers in their preferred channel, establish a public knowledgebase to arm agents, and provide a more complete service solution by adding self-service support for customers and partners using out-of-the-box Community Cloud functionality.
ACCESS TO MISSION-CRITICAL INFORMATION
Current and past activities and tasks are now accurately tracked in Salesforce, while self-service reports and dashboards are utilized across marketing, sales, and support for a complete view of the customer while maintaining information security.
AGI employees are often on-site at government locations and need access to systems from their mobile devices or outside the VPN. AGI now utilizes the Salesforce1 mobile app to provide on-the-go access to view and update information and move business forward faster.
Ascent into the Cloud Increases Sales Productivity
Salesforce has enhanced sales productivity, enabled channel performance, driven service efficiencies, automated support functions, and provided users with real-time access to data across the business for improved and timely decision-making. AGI can now extend its product offerings and easily integrate quote-to-cash processes.
Qualitative benefits identified with the new Salesforce cloud platform include:
- Access to data and system functionality on-site increasing sales productivity while maintaining data security
- A 360-degree view of customers and frictionless customer-facing processes increases efficiency and collaboration across functions and departments
- Seamless integration reduces data redundancies and manual processes for a small sales operations team to operate at optimal speed and keep pace with customers
- Automated renewal processes enable more accurate forecasting, and tracking of AGI’s subscription business to recover previously lost revenues
This is the first time we have been able to access enterprise data from some of our customers’ highly secure sites.Chris Mulcahy, Program Manager, AGI