Leader in Broadband Communications
A Leader in Broadband
Our client is a leading broadband communications company and one of the largest cable operators in the United States.
A Route to Operational Effectiveness
Our client's IT division was struggling with its annual budget and needed to become more cost effective within just a few years. Due to our deep experience in management consulting – and more specifically, application rationalization and consolidation – our client asked us to help enhance the company’s operational effectiveness.
Removing Redundancies to Clear the Static
We developed a program to consolidate redundant applications across the enterprise, reduce the number of non-strategic IT assets, and realize committed cost savings.
To accomplish this, we:
- Established a program structure to organize the IT function and vendor work efforts, and implemented a standard protocol for retiring applications
- Developed a framework to evaluate application retirement business cases, including the categorization of levels of effort and associated benefits
- Managed retirement projects to decommission redundant systems and tracked costs and ongoing savings
Both the overall number of applications and related maintenance costs in high-priority areas were reduced.
Downloading the Savings
The application rationalization and consolidation program enabled our client to reduce the overall number of applications and related maintenance costs, as well as enhance operational effectiveness.
- Reduced overall number of applications and related maintenance costs in high-priority areas
- Enhanced operational effectiveness of the IT organization by streamlining system-related processes
- Improved the alignment between core operations and IT capabilities