Leading Telecommunications Company
Smart Communication with Microsoft Cloud
Our client is an American telecommunications company that provides wireless services and is an internet service provider serving more than 50 million customers.
Communication and Collaboration Tools Needed Updating
Our client’s retail employees were using a mobile group messaging app to post customer-sensitive data. In order to eliminate this security risk, the executive team put a mandate in place to replace the application with Microsoft Teams and put new governance in place.
Additionally, our client decided to move to cloud-based technologies and adopt Microsoft Office 365 as a part of its commitment to providing employees with technologies that enable success. Part of this adoption included transitioning the current on-premises Microsoft email service to Exchange Online.
Connecting in the Cloud
We deployed several groups of migrations for corporate and retail end users, which included installation of multi-factor authentication, migration to Exchange Online, deployment of Microsoft Teams, and an upgrade to the Office 2016 suite. No technology rollout can truly be successful without preparing users for the change. To ensure our client's end users were ready, willing, and able to accept and embrace the new technology and improved way of working, we led the following change management activities:
- Developed a well-communicated case for change
- Created a stakeholder analysis that captured an exhaustive list of impacted stakeholders, as well as known end-user concerns
- Created a communication plan that provided a comprehensive list of guided communication-based activities across all impacted stakeholders throughout the project
- Developed and delivered sound communication artifacts in a timely manner
- Built post-migration survey questionnaire that was delivered after the initial pilot migrations; analyzed and provided summary of results, and updated communication and training artifacts based on feedback
- Extensive analysis was performed on the results of each survey and presented back to the project team.
Stakeholder management efforts built strong relationships across the organization that were leveraged for implementation success.
Upgrades Set Up Employees for Success
We deployed many change management activities for our client, and some of the key metric results included:
- Stakeholder management efforts built strong relationships across the organization that were leveraged for implementation success
- Regular and focused communications informed users of the benefits of the change and what they had to do in preparation, ensuring no last-minute surprises at go-live
- Effective, accessible training materials enabled users to perform their job at go-live, as well as to know exactly where to go for support, minimizing calls to the service desk