Taking Governance and Accounting to the Cloud
What if... we could simplify 40+ disparate systems with a scalable cloud-based solution?
Disparate Systems Provided Limited Visibility
Stallion Oilfield Services is a leading private equity-backed oilfield services company that provides upstream, midstream, and industrial services to oil and gas exploration and production companies, drilling contractors, pipeline companies, refiners, and other industries.
Stallion Oilfield Services had little visibility into profitability at a cost and job-center level and struggled with multiple disparate systems including Microsoft Great Plains and line-of-business solutions in the field. It was imperative for the company to standardize processes across its enterprise to establish governance and accounting controls.
The rapidly growing business required a scalable cloud-based solution to support its expanding financial and supply chain management requirements.
A Refined Solution for Managing the Business
After an extensive review of potential products, Stallion selected Oracle Cloud for ERP, SCM (supply chain), and HCM (HR/ payroll). Oracle’s ability to deliver a best-of-breed, fully integrated, multi-pillar solution was a critical factor in Stallion’s selection process.
Stallion’s complex business model presented many non-standard processes that had to be redesigned to work in the cloud without customization. With expertise in the Oil and Gas industry, we navigated those challenges and successfully implemented and deployed Oracle ERP Cloud Financials, Oracle SCM Cloud Procurement and Inventory, and Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud.
Stallion’s CIO cites the simplicity and elegance of the overall solution as key to taking Stallion from more than 40 systems to just a two-system architecture.
Perficient brought the level of project management and cloud consultants needed to truly deliver on their promises, with the right level of maturity and experience.Jason Lu, VP and CIO, Stallion Oilfield Services
Full Transparency with Oracle ERP and SCM Cloud
- Streamlined procurement processes with controls over spend with individual accountability for expenditures
- Visibility into accurate inventory levels across all locations
- Global financial reporting with drill-down visibility into individual locations and business units
- Immediate view into cost by product/job, recruiting, and onboarding
- Automatic accruals increase efficiency and speed-up month end
- Job-level signing authorities with employee/supervisor hierarchy based on integrated human capital management configuration