World-Class Provider of Space Launch Services
World-Class Provider of Space Launch Services Optimized Processes
Our client, a joint venture between two of the world's largest aerospace and security companies, provides reliable and cost-efficient space launch services for the U.S. government.
Business Processes Were Grounded
Organizations experiencing rapid change because of a merger, a new regulatory environment, and/or other factors often juggle a multitude of competing priorities.
When our client's business was established, it had inadequate enterprise processes and faced challenges complying with industry regulations.
Results reported by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), found deficiencies with the organization’s Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS):
- Lack of system documentation
- Lack of policies, procedures, and operating instructions
- Failure to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions
- Lack of knowledgeable personnel/adequate training
- Inadequate software controls
- Inadequate implementation of access software
- Little or no audit trail
Improving Operations Isn't Rocket Science
We were engaged to interpret Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) requirements and map UAL’s MMAS environment against enterprise functions.
We also implemented a business system sustainment framework and provided training in audit principles and standards that instilled both awareness and accountability.
Specifics of the project include:
- Interpreted MMAS 10 standards and defined applications to the client business structure
- Mapped MMAS environment against enterprise functions
- Utilized process toolkit to structure and launch full-scale compliance initiative
- Trained employees and transitioned accountability to process owners
- Implemented a sustainment strategy
Our client is now equipped with repeatable and sustainable processes that will continue to allow for quick and successful evolution when compliance changes occur.
The project resulted in a boost of confidence among the internal audit/compliance team and executives. Our client is also now equipped with repeatable and sustainable processes that will continue to allow for quick and successful evolution when compliance changes occur.